1. Hunger (Matthew 5:6; Psalm 63:1-8; Mt.4:4/ Luke 4:4
2. Humility (Phil. 2:5-9; Psalm 10:17; 2 Chron 7:12-15)
3. Help (Psalm 121:1-2; Romans 8:26-27)
• Healing and Wholeness (Luke 4:18; 1 Thes. 5:23-24)
• Heightening & the Awareness of It (Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Peter 5:6; Eph. 2:6-7)
• Honor (2 Timothy 2:1-21*)
4. Harmony (Personal and Collective)(Acts 1:12-14; Rom. 15:5; Psalm 133; John 17:20-22; Eph. 4; 1 Cor. 12)
5. Harvest (Good & Plenty) (John 4:32-38; Acts 2:46-47; Luke 5:1-11)
Harmony Is A Beautiful Unified Sound Of A Diverse Flow
4. Harmony: (Acts 1:12-14; Rom. 15:5; Psalm 133; John 17:20-22; Eph. 4; 1 Cor. 12)
Acts 1:12-14~ “12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day’s journey. 13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. 14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.”
John 17: 20-22~ “20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.”
Psalm 133* see Harmony
Harmony: The Good Way to Live While Reaping the Harvest
1. Psalm 133
A Song of degrees of David1 Behold, how good and how pleasant (smell of Perfume) it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!2 It is like the precious ointment upon( the head (refreshment, satisfaction –Psalm 23:5), that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s (Priest) beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
• High Priest- Consecrated as His people
• Zion- Commanded to be blessed as His people
“9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” ~1 Peter 2:9-10
Our Mouths & Our Lives (Acts 1:14; Rom. 15:5; Heb. 13:12-17).
• Prayer (Acts 1:14)
“14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.” (Acts 1:14).
• Praise (Romans 15:5)
“5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 6 that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ”.
“12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. 13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. 14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. 16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” (Hebrews 13:12-17).
Good Minds & Good Lives (Phil. 2:1-11; 2:3; Rom. 12:16)
• Mind of Christ
“1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2 fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
• Mind of Humility/ Leads to God Exalting (Phil 2:3; Rom. 12:16; 1 Peter 5:1-10)
“3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.” (Phil. 2:3)
“16 Be of the same mind one toward another” (Rom. 12:16).
• Mind of Heaven (Romans 12). “1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”
o Conformed- Worldly self-pleasing mind (1 Cor. 3; Rom. 8:7; Mark:10-45)
o Transformed- Humble Mind of Christ (Butterfly & Caterpillar)
• Mind of Harmony (Romans 15:5; 12:16)
“Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 6 that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (15:5)
• Minds for Good In-HOUSE Cultivation (Heb. 10:23-24; Gal. 6:10; 1 Peter 4:17; John 15:1-2)
“23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Heb. 10:23-24)
o Decrease in Discord/ Natural Weeding
Proverbs 6:14; 19 (Discord=Disharmony)
o Increase in Discipleship Development (John 15:1-2)
• Minds of Good Harvest (John 4:35-38)
Our Good and Reasonable Service On Display (Romans 12)